You know, I've always wanted to believe that brother's were created with the desire inside to protect their sisters. I have always dreamed of a big brother, or just a brother, who would defend my honor and help me when I felt violated. From the bottom of my heart I have longed for that brother to stick up for me, to take care of the guys who can't keep their hands to themselves, to help me when I felt vulnerable.
I guess I've just grown up with the fairy tale idea that my brother's should give a shit about what happens to me. When I have significantly older men hitting on me and saying inappropriate things it would be nice if they cared. You know, it would be nice if they supported me and told me that they would protect me.
I expected them to be there for me and to realize that what was going on was NOT okay. That a 30 year old teacher should not send me creeper things. Instead, all I got was yelled at over and over again and put down. I am somehow the bad guy in this whole situation. How DARE I even say ANYTHING bad about him. How DARE I voice my opinion that I might feel unsafe and that I might feel violated. How DARE I come to them and how DARE I insult their "friend".
You see, it's all my fault for having that expectation that they give a shit and it's my fault for having some wild idea that they might protect me. That they might side with me. I'm such a freaking idiot.
Friday, July 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment