Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Isaiah 13.17-18;;

Isaiah 13.17-18

“See, I will stir up against them the Medes, who do not care for silver and have no delight in gold. Their bows will strike down the young men; they will have no mercy on the infants nor will they look with compassion on children.”

I was reading this by chance during a lecture today, and went back and reread it because of the word “Medes”. I had no idea what/who they were, so I looked at my footnotes, where it said that:

“the Medes. Located in what is today northwestern Iran.”

This caught my attention, and knowing this is a prophecy of what is to come, my brain connected the dots. Think about it, what does Iran value? Oil! Not gold or silver (Money) but oil.

Second of all, there are so many terrorists who are in Iran/Iraq (I should look it up on a map… and see if Iraq is on the northwestern border…) but they target the places where children are, like schools. They also have been known to use children to commit their acts of terrorism.

Is this a prophecy coming true before our eyes? What does this mean about end times? I have this feeling they might be in my lifetime, but I’ve been wrong about feelings before. I thought I should write this down though, it’s important. I got all jittery when I read it, I should research it more tomorrow.

Idk.. food for thought.

No comments: