Life's a journey, this we've heard before.
We're constantly proving ourselves and our worth,
Facing our demons and praying they'll stop their chase.
People come into our lives; for better or for worse;
The friends that we allow to grow closest to us:
To them we give the most power over us,
And to the one who manipulated, destroyed, abused and used:
I can only pray that You will learn and be avenged,
My furry fights forgiveness; the hole's you've left;
I want you to know that i'm trying to forgive,
I want you to know that's the last thing i want to do;
I'd rather spit in your face and make you beg for forgiveness,
and then walk away.
But i am not conformed by this world, as are some,
I am called to a higher road, and through this calling,
I must forgive and pray for your blessing.
For those who have proven themselves faithful,
Those who truly have stuck with me,
Through the nightmares and the dreams,
The words "thank you" could never amount to anything;
Other than what they are.
The emotions i have cannot be done justice through words alone,
Just know i will never forget,
i will never cease prayer and love for you,
Though I walk through the Valley of the Shadows of Death,
I will fear no evil, for You [Jesus Christ] are with me.
Live and let live,
Walk across a room, make a new friend.
You can have the impact that molds the world into something new,
Something pure and better.
Thus the rantings and ramblings on November 8th.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment