Pondering the path I chose,
Leaves me sitting here in silence,
Live and learn, that’s how it goes.
I wish I could believe that you love me still,
I wish I could say that I’m better now,
To you it’s a game, only for a thrill.
I walk away and you chase me down,
Never stopping it’s become relentless,
An escape from this madness is not to be found.
You don’t give up, do you?
You say that you care, that you’re sorry,
I refuse believe that now, it cannot be true.
Taking me for granted and using me,
Holding me tight within your grasp,
I’ve decided to leave it’s time to be free.
I’m starting over and in a new place,
But what I would give to go back for a moment,
To see the old you, to be face to face.
Maybe this new person was you all along,
I was a fool to trust you with my heart,
It was all lies when you wrote me that song.
I confided in you my secrets and dreams,
All but one thing and you’ll never know,
I’ve learned nothing is ever what it seems.
I told you the truth and I never did lie,
Believe it or not I’m walking away,
This is forever, this is my final goodbye.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment