1. I still remember where I was and who I was with when 2009 came in. Although things since then have changed immensely, I would not ever change it for the world. I learned so much with that person and God used his friendship to bless my life, thank you (:
2. Second semester at Capernwray Bible school started, where I continued to grow in my faith, deepen friendships and have a blast. During this half of the school year I attended 10 day outreach (met some amazing people), snuck out to bonfires, watched alias (seasons 1-3 with my couch girls while eating noodles with chopsticks), learned not to “dwell in the past, to fight through the present, and STREAK into the future”, slept on top of the tower (not to mention the quiet room, lounge etc). England was something I will never forget, the best decision I ever made, and saying goodbye was one of the hardest things I have ever done.
3. While flying home I was given a message from God (something I will never forget) and able to share my dark, blunt, raw testimony with a complete stranger.
4. Upon coming home, I had a hard time adjusting.
5. I forgave one of the people who had hurt me the most, and it took me over two years to do so. It’s still hard but I can now say I have forgiven him finally.
6. Vanessa came to visit for two weeks (: this was such a fun time, filled with so much laughter as well as tears. The same time another person came causing more trouble and tears, but also a big learning experience I will never, ever, forget.
7. I started working at subway (best job ever) where I also met an amazing girl who has become one of my best friends and very close to my heart.
8. I turned 19, my final year as a teenager.
9. I was accepted into the PAIS program (and was set to be stationed in either texas or florida) as a missionary working with youth. After being accepted God called me elsewhere and I had to decline. This was hard but at the same time a relief because I was following God’s plan.
10. After turning down PAIS, I realized I had no back up plans as far as school goes. I had applied to WWU, and somehow they never received my application. After discovering that, I applied to UW bothell almost three months late and later was accepted.
11. One valuable lesson I learned this year is that people aren’t always what they seem, and that girls nights are the best nights to learn life lessons. Although I made mistakes that night, I learned from them and as a result I am a much stronger person.
12. This year has really been a growing year for me.. I’ve lost friends, made new ones, discovered who I wish to become and what I’m looking for.
13. I started school and ended up getting more involved with the business/entrepreneur side of school. I achieved a 3.7 GPA my first quarter, and my parents were happy (:
14. Twilight: (okay, I know, stupid) I was able to see with my Grandma in early January. I was also super excited to see New Moon (I’ve been a Jacob fan from the very beginning) as well as go on a road trip to Forks with Vanessa, Tessa and Astrid (That was an AMAZING day) :D
15. On October 15th this world was robbed from a great man whom I considered my grandfather. Ernie was an amazing man and heaven is blessed to have him. [RIP]
16. I said my final goodbye to someone who had been my brother, best friend, and at one point something more. Through our relationship I have seen God work teaching me things through the good AND the bad.
17. I painted a wall in my room neon green, and it really DOES look good (:
18. I also took up blogging (:
19. “Taste and see that the Lord is good…”
This year has been an amazing year filled with so many lessons. If you’re tagged in this note you have made a difference in my life and I love you dearly. Thank you for making this year an amazing year and thank you for just being you. I will never forget all of the memories we’ve made this year and I hope to continue it through the years to come.
God bless you all in this upcoming year, let’s make it a good one (:
No comments:
Post a Comment