The lights dim and slowly fade,
Memories flood back and tears come,
All the choices, mistakes that I made,
Rewind back time before the scars.
I want to be happy and smile again,
To feel wanted and to feel loved,
To know it was truth, that you were my friend,
How could I have fallen so far and so hard?
My best friend I thought you were,
But now I see you had the wrong card,
It was a lie, I never knew you.
Wasted time, wasted time feeling,
Drink to me, the girl who got away,
Inject it now, along with your drug dealing,
I know to you that’s what matters most.
You say you fight to fight and not to win,
But if I’m you’re game then you’ve lost,
So drink to me, get shitfaced and grin,
Because nothing can repair the damage.
You can say you’re sorry, that it’s okay,
I’ve heard this time and time again,
This game is over; I don’t want to play,
Around and around it never will end.
Live it up and drink it down,
I’m done with your mind game,
Party hardcore and sleep around,
It never ends, it’s still the same.
Nothing changed and nothing will,
All things must come to an end,
The sun is setting ever still,
All things have a price to pay.
My world is ablaze,
Haven’t I had enough pain?
Lost in this emotional maze,
Wandering blindly in the dark.
I’ve lit a match and with it burn,
Burn the night and burn my heart,
So it will once and forever learn,
Never to trust and never to give.
With this match I burn my grave,
Bury myself, suffocate within the smoke,
I close my eyes, try to be brave,
Slowly and surely it consumes me.
So drink to my memory, toast to your games,
An ocean between us, an ocean of ash,
Is all that is left, is all that remains.
this is for you.
&&you know who you are.
07.20.09
Memories flood back and tears come,
All the choices, mistakes that I made,
Rewind back time before the scars.
I want to be happy and smile again,
To feel wanted and to feel loved,
To know it was truth, that you were my friend,
How could I have fallen so far and so hard?
My best friend I thought you were,
But now I see you had the wrong card,
It was a lie, I never knew you.
Wasted time, wasted time feeling,
Drink to me, the girl who got away,
Inject it now, along with your drug dealing,
I know to you that’s what matters most.
You say you fight to fight and not to win,
But if I’m you’re game then you’ve lost,
So drink to me, get shitfaced and grin,
Because nothing can repair the damage.
You can say you’re sorry, that it’s okay,
I’ve heard this time and time again,
This game is over; I don’t want to play,
Around and around it never will end.
Live it up and drink it down,
I’m done with your mind game,
Party hardcore and sleep around,
It never ends, it’s still the same.
Nothing changed and nothing will,
All things must come to an end,
The sun is setting ever still,
All things have a price to pay.
My world is ablaze,
Haven’t I had enough pain?
Lost in this emotional maze,
Wandering blindly in the dark.
I’ve lit a match and with it burn,
Burn the night and burn my heart,
So it will once and forever learn,
Never to trust and never to give.
With this match I burn my grave,
Bury myself, suffocate within the smoke,
I close my eyes, try to be brave,
Slowly and surely it consumes me.
So drink to my memory, toast to your games,
An ocean between us, an ocean of ash,
Is all that is left, is all that remains.
this is for you.
&&you know who you are.
07.20.09
No comments:
Post a Comment